President Association of Municipalities of Ontario, Deputy Mayor Town of Innisfil
In 2016 Lynn was elected President of the Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO). She has held a seat on AMO’s Board of Directors since 2011 and in 2014 was elected to the position of Chair of the Ontario Small Urban Municipalities (OSUM). In her role as President, and as a Board Member, Lynn was appointed to the AMO Executive Committee and sits at the MOU Table representing municipal interests in discussions with the Provincial government.
At the local level, Lynn has represented the Town of Innisfil since 1994. First as Councillor for twenty years, and as Deputy Mayor since 2014. She has been the Town of Innisfil’s representative on many boards including the Lake Simcoe and Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Authorities, the Royal Victoria Hospital Board and the South Simcoe Economic Alliance. She is a member of the Ontario Municipal Water Association Board.
Lynn has a diverse background in representing municipal interests, including being one of only 19 people throughout Ontario to receive an appointment by the Ontario Minister of the Environment to serve as chairperson of the South Georgian Bay Lake Simcoe Source Protection Committee. In that role she chairs a 22-member, multi stakeholder committee that is working on a plan to protect municipal drinking water from overuse and contamination.
Lynn is an advocate for:
- Continuous improvement of the delivery of core services in an efficient and effective manner
- Undertaking regular reviews to ensure we are meeting our communities’ expectations
- Finding a better way to engage the public on issues. Taking advantage of others’ experiences and ideas to create a better solution
- Fostering economic vitality and sustainable, responsible growth
- Enhancing our quality of life and protecting our environment
Strengthening the bond between Ontario municipalities